Senior Analyst, Supply Chain
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position has the primary purpose of leading the development, planning and implementation of projects and strategies to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of the Supply Chain department for an exciting and dynamic contract manufacturing operation supporting the health and nutrition market. This position is an entrepreneurial position where the appropriate candidate will make significant impact on the overall success of the business by influencing every point in the supply chain. This position plays a significant role in the end-to-end supply chain for a contract manufacturing operation, from supplier management strategies, through planning/operations, all the way to the customer via optimized logistics. The role will focus on systems development and integration to drive on time delivery, raw material sourcing strategies and general service level improvements.
- Lead new product supply chain design process to drive improvement on quality, delivery, cost, risk, and flexibility for long term success
- Improve the plan-to-make process by harnessing SAP’s APO capabilities, supplementing it by creating tools to ensure appropriate shipped dates are promised to customers
- Lead the Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP) for the AMER region, ensuring capacity planning supports sales growth trends
- Analyze supplier processes using: value stream mapping, new product implementation, identification of alternate materials / processes, root cause analysis, control plans on critical processes, value engineering or aligning requirements to process capabilities
- Work as the supply chain project leader to ensure the material pipeline will be aligned with new product launch schedule
- Work closely with procurement and supplier quality management team to develop the supply chain competencies for future business
- Perform supplier risk assessments and recommend mitigation actions
- Develop and improve systems throughout the organization to enable the supply chain to improve performance end-to-end
- Effectively interact with customers, Sales and Operations to create and implement value propositions
- Collaborates with Engineering and Operations Managers to implement efficient and competitive solutions
- Recommend continuous improvement opportunities for existing clients
- May be called on to support new product development opportunities as needed
- BS degree in Accounting, Management or Engineering with experience in Supply Chain and/or Operations
- Exceptional communications skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
- Highly self-motivated with ability to drive positive change by team building and gaining support from people and resources across the enterprise
- Demonstrated project leadership experience. This includes identification, development and implementation while adhering to time and budget constraints
- Demonstrated working knowledge of daily logistics activities (transportation and warehousing).
- Excellent PC skills and technical savvy
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and team interaction skills.
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to tasks and adaptability to changes or demands
- Capable of working with little supervision and working effectively with all levels within the organization
- Travel may be required
- Health and Nutrition market experience a plus
- Experience with supply chain database systems
- Experience in purchasing, planning, and/or logistics
- APICS CPIM certification a plus
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.