Quality Control Analyst, Microbiology
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The purpose of this role is to support the Quality Control, Microbiology team with bioburden, microbial enumeration, endotoxin and sterility testing. The individual in this role will support all assays associated with microbiology and assist with Out of Specification (OOS) investigations, and general upkeep of the micro department.
- Performance of USP <61> bioburden and USP <62> MET assays.
- Coordination and performance of growth promotion testing.
- Support BET (endotoxin) and rapid sterility (BacT/Alert) testing.
- Performance of microbiological assays for media, raw material, and product release.
- Assistance with maintenance of the laboratories, supplies, and equipment.
- Supports OOS excursions and deviations.
- Revises procedures and qualification reports through change control.
- Maintains compliance with all required training and assists with training of fellow analysts.
- Associate’s Degree in Life Sciences, preferably in Microbiology/Biology. Bachelor’s Degree is desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge in general laboratory skills and microbiological assays, and aseptic test methods.
- Experience with kinetic method endotoxin testing and sterility testing
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes (cGMP).
- Prior experience with WinKQCL, LIMS, and TrackWise a plus
- Acquires and documents training on all laboratory general tasks and is capable of performing assigned test methods and using associated instrumentation.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Dependable and able to work well within a team.
- Champions change speaking positively to and about others in all situations.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.