Product Sales and Support Specialist (West Coast)
Lonza is looking for a Product Sales Specialist, Discovery to join their growing bioscience team. This role will provide field technical support for Cell Biology and Transfection product group, gather and communicate information on market trends and applications, as well as competitive activities. They will work in conjunction with Field and Inside Sales in Discovery and CGT (Cell and Gene Therapy) Segments to support the acquisition and expansion of median and high value opportunities and accounts.
- Provides high level technical and application support for Lonza Cell Biology and Transfection products. Develops value propositions befitting of our target customers’ needs.
- Supports the Strategic Accounts and Business Development team in the solution proposal and adoption stages of the sales process. Understands the customer’s specific application and/or needs to propose the best Lonza solution.
- Understands the customer’s position in the discovery/research workflow and supports the Strategic Accounts and Business Development team in expanding business within current accounts by identifying cross-selling and next-sale opportunities.
- Organizes, plans, and schedules time to provide optimum and effective account and territory coverage. Coordinate with Strategic Accounts and Business Development.
- Supports prospecting of new customers and accounts by identifying new median and high value opportunities in their territory.
- When requested, acts as team lead to coach others to achieve high performance.
- Records activities and client information in the CRM database on a daily & timely basis.
- Collects and forwards to management, market information including competitive promotions, contract prices, new products, new applications and customer needs.
- Manages T&E budget, telephone and consumables budgets. Submits Expenses reports on a monthly basis.
- Possess the ability to work autonomously from a home-based office as well as contribute to overall team performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters/Ph.D. degree.
- Knowledge and experience in cell culture, primary cells, molecular biology, transfection, biotech/biopharma industry, and drug discovery/development.
- Sales and/or technical support experience.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and CRM.
- Interpersonal skills and comfort with public speaking in front of small to median sized groups.
- Communicates effectively and collaborates successfully within own team as well as cross functionally.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.