Technical Early Development Services Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Technical Early Development Services Specialist will provide scientific/technical advice and support on Lonzas’ pre-clinical/early development service offerings, primarily to US based customers, in association with US based sales teams to secure new & retain existing business.
- Involve support to other global sales teams, where feasible due to time zone differences
- To learn from & work closely with UK based operations team
- Lead technical discussions with clients regarding APS service offerings
- Provide scientific/technical advice and support primarily to US based customers, in association with US based sales teams and UK base operational team to secure new & retain existing business
- The role will also involve support to other global sales teams, where feasible due to time zone differences
- Foster and maintain long-term customer relationships
- Showcase and promote Lonza APS’ technical capabilities
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Bachelors (Required ) - Science-based Structural Biologist/Chemist/Physicist
- BSc / MSc / PHD in relevant scientific discipline or relevant previous experience (preferred)
- Advanced experience with demonstrable track record in a biopharma/biotech company, or equivalent organization.
- Industrial experience in protein expression is essential
- Ability to understand protein structure is essential
- Ability to understand & explain bioinformatics & protein engineering services
- Understanding of immunology is essential
- Strong grasp of regulatory requirements for Immunogenicity packages required
- Good understanding of molecular biology, mammalian and microbial cell culture and protein expression, and protein purification knowledge
- Good understanding of broader early drug development (late discovery to first in human)
- Position will be a combination of home based, with presence at the Lonza Hayward site (CA) and domestic US travel
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.