Process Engineering Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Process Engineering Manager to join our site in Porrino in North West Spain.
The Process Engineering Manager’s primary responsibility is to support ongoing operations at O Porriño site, through technical assistance as it relates to manufacturing, utilities and process systems. The focus of the role is on ensuring manufacturing equipment and facilities are operating as intended to meet the requirements for biopharmaceutical manufacturing. Responsible for the Process Engineering function to include both tactical support of ongoing plant operations and strategic implementation of engineering projects to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Lead the Process Engineering Team through the design, implementation, Commissioning and Installation Qualification (IQ) of the different projects that are executed in the site to improve safety, quality, cost and capacity.
- Actively collaborate with other areas and departments of Porriño (Manufacturing, MSAT, Quality, Program Management, etc ...), to resolve quality and production issues.
- Provide SME support to other areas / departments for the design and operation of process equipment.
- Assist with tech transfer of new processes into the facility while meeting safety, quality and cost objectives.
- Prepare departmental budgets and control expenditures to stay within spending limits.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts through Six Sigma Quality concepts and the integration of these concepts throughout the Process Engineering Team.
- Improve the Process Engineering staff’s capability, productivity and business effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
What we need you to have:
- BSc Qualified, Degree in Chemical Engineering is advantageous.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Extensive experience within Process Engineering within a leadership role
- Experience in the design and operation of Biopharmaceutical facilities, both manufacturing and support systems.
- Project Management and coordination experience associated with the execution of capital projects in an industrial environment is required.
- A familiarity/working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles in the analysis of technical problems and in the management of daily engineering activities is a plus.
- Ability to apply statistical and engineering techniques to solve complex problems.
- Skills and aptitude to support troubleshooting of equipment and manufacturing processes; Green or Black belt preferred.
- Ability to balance theoretical knowledge with empirical results.
- Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines, purchasing practices and process validation.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.