MSAT Associate Process Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible for being the primary technical support person for manufacturing processes. This person has experience with one manufacturing process. The supervisor provides detailed instructions on new projects and assignments, as this level of Process Associate is expected to perform routine work within established policies and procedures for the role. The individual is not expected to be a subject matter expert for any aspect of the role and it is expected that questions on tasks or issues will be raised by this individual when clarification or greater technical expertise is required.
- Represents Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) on project teams as technical subject matter expert (SME) and interface with customer technical and quality representatives.
- Develops process understanding and expertise.
- Authors/reviews/and owns process related documentation (ex. process description and batch records).
- Authors/reviews change controls (including managing the implementation of the change as the assigned change agent).
- Monitors and reports on process performance (manufacturing data analysis and delivery of data in the form of live presentations).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology area, Biological Sciences, or Chemical Engineering.
- Working experience in biotech industry, specifically in tech transfer, as well as in process development, process scale up, or manufacturing.
- Working experience with large scale (2 kL + experience a plus) manufacturing support (mammalian preferred), cGMP and US / EU regulations.
- Knowledge of cell biology, protein structure, scale up, chromatography, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration, virus filtration and basic knowledge of statistical data analysis.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly express ideas and point of view both verbally and in writing. Has good inter-personal skills. Shows commitment and dedication and strives to be ahead of schedule.
- Ability to share 24/7 on-call support while process is being manufactured.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.