Global (ITIL/ITSM) Process Manager
Global Process Manager (ITIL / ITSM)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for a Global Process Manager to join our team. The position will be a combination of remote working and travelling to our offices in Slough, UK.
The role of the Global Process (ITIL / ITSM) Manager is to develop, implement and manage complex processes within the business unit in accordance with the Service Management Model based on ITIL best practices.
- Serve as owner and manager of the ITIL processes and decides on strategy to serve customers in cooperation with the IT Steering Group, and develops the service provider's offerings and capabilities.
- Provide guidance and direction to Service Management staff who will assist with day-to-day process support activities (e.g. Incident/Problem Manager, Major Incident Managers, etc.).
- Delivering core service management/ITIL processes within the business unit, this will include problem, incident, change, configuration, release, service level management and continuous improvement.
- Leading the development and adoption of operational best practices for the service process. While measuring and reporting on operational performance, initiative corrective action when required to address performance shortfalls. You need to be able to identify and drive process improvement across services.
- Set the direction for ongoing development of ITSM tool (ServiceNow) to ensure maximum effectiveness with respect to process execution and reporting capabilities.
- Strongly cooperate with following partners to ensure operational efficiency and IT services delivery compliance:
- IT Security & Compliance team
- Infrastructure CoE’s team and external IT service providers
- IT Infrastructure managers in other regions.
- Act as lead between infrastructure CoE and IT Service providers to define process strategy, goals and ensure they are understood across all Service Towers for all processes.
- Manage IT Infrastructure service providers to ensure that all processes are in place, are fit for purpose and follow a standard Blue Print.
- To ensure the management and on-going optimisation of a centralised and fully integrated toolset solution.
- Accountable to ensure process owners are in place with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Ensuring that all Resolver Teams and Service Towers that interface to the process understand their obligations when operating within the process.
- Ensuring that process KPI’s are in place across all processes.
- Driving Process Review Forums across all Service Towers for all processes in order to continually improve and drive the effectiveness of all processes.
- Mobilising Process Working Groups as required in order to react to the requirement to resolve ad-hoc process related issues on a day-to-day basis.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with a robust understanding of ITIL / ITSM processes and best practice.
- Working knowledge of IT architecture, IT security, ITIL and IT governance
- Good strategic, time and analytical skills
- Detail oriented individual, willing to go the extra mile
- Experience in defining processes and driving their maturity
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- ITIL v3/v4 Lifecycle Certificate in Service Strategy, Design or Operation – Desirable but not essential
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.