Manager, Quality Assurance Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manager, Quality Assurance Operations (QA on the Floor) provides direction and support for Quality Assurance staff while supporting all areas within Lonza Portsmouth that are directly or indirectly involved in the execution of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) related activities.
- Organize and drive projects in support of the site’s goals and initiatives
- Develop, track and deliver meaningful metrics to highlight positive results and identify areas where improvement is needed
- Take part in a scheduled rotation to provide occasional remote QA Hotline for the site support on nights and weekends
- Work with others in QA Management to provide departmental direction and assistance where support is needed
- Provide GMP guidance to Manufacturing, QC, Engineering/Facilities and MSAT
- Be available at all times to provide support for staff who are supporting the site’s GMP operations
- Represent QA in meetings or on project teams
- Provide direction and guidance in the development of QA staff
- Must be an experienced manager of people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have attention to detail and good investigation, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with people and communicate negative information and obtain positive results
- Works well and facilitates positive interdepartmental interactions with a diverse group of people. Voluntarily communicates needs and suggestions clearly and effectively. Listens and is attentive to others
- Familiarity with SAP, TrackWise, DMS, and LIMS systems an advantage
- Capable of being flexible as required tasks change and maintain productivity
- Must be a strong, dependable team player
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications
- Resolve differing perspectives with effective negotiation skills
- Properly prioritize tasks, manage time effectively. Positive proactive approach to drive projects/tasks to completion
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.