Engineering Manager, Maintenance
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Engineering Manager, Maintenance is responsible for the safe execution of support services to the manufacturing team in order to insure the system’s ability to meet production/business requirements, as well as the overlaying GMP requirements. This position will also be responsible for improving department processes and creating a high performance team through positive leadership and engagement.
- Provide servant leadership to direct and indirect teams that encourages strong ownership and execution of the services provided to the broader organization.
- Assure safe, high quality and on time execution of maintenance activities.
- Ownership of continuous improvement efforts to improve work execution, customer service, organization and efficiency.
- Evaluate current systems, develop alternatives, and recommend implementation plans to ensure that work systems support both business and regulatory requirements.
- Provide support and guidance on technical and personnel opportunities.
- Manage department budget and personnel needs
- Work closely with Planning and Scheduling group to align and improve workflow process and management
- Drive data driven improvement solutions to task and employee challenges
- BS in Engineering
- 10-15 years’ experience in chemical environment leading maintenance operations
- Strong project management skills required
- Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria
- cGMP experience a plus
- Office and Plant environment, working in confined spaces and elevated heights.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Shutdown and maintenance work may require off-hours support.
- Must be capable of wearing appropriate PPE
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.