Talent Acquisition Director, Global RPO Service
United Kingdom, Manchester
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role holds accountability for the overall service management of vendor-supported recruitment service provision across Lonza, ensuring consistency, continuity and continuous-improvement in its delivery and stakeholder experience. Responsible for stakeholder collaboration, colleague relationships and third-party partnerships, it functions as a critical business partner and driver of the recruitment agenda, and the organizations ability to meet its hiring targets and commitments.
This is a Temporary Position until 30/06/2023
- Manage the overall global service delivery of recruitment services, provided by a single-source RPO partnership, including attending and chairing local and global service management meetings and forums as required
- Partners with and acts as sparring partner to local and global HR leaders in ensuring recruitment requirements are effectively met and tracked and that strategic support and thought leadership is provided
- Drive success of recruitment delivery, ensuring customers are satisfied, and that recruitment service is being provided and received according to SLAs and KPIs as well as agreed model principles, including resourcing levels
- Maintain and oversee an effective operational governance agenda, ensuring frameworks are in place to monitor delivery against targets as well as ensure identification of risks and progress of associated mitigation actions
- Manage escalations across the service provision, ensuring that all parties (internal and external) are aware of responsibilities with regards solutions and mitigations, and that these are tracked to ultimate resolve
- Ensure consistency and continuity of delivery and service levels across the enterprise, and that lessons-learned are cascaded efficiently and effectively
- Prepare synthesized monthly analysis of service provision, including trend analysis of global issues and themes, and creating and driving plans and interventions as appropriate in order to enhance and develop the service
- Maintains in-depth understanding of the complex and diverse recruiting needs – current and forecast - across the organization, ensuring these are translated to robust and accurate recruitment demand forecasts, and that are in turn supported by comprehensive delivery plans
- Proactively supports the development of strategies, processes, and metrics to ensure effective recruitment delivery, bringing solutions to increase ROI and efficiencies as part of a unified TA function and OneHR
- Establish a future state framework approach to service management, based on best practice, benchmarking, and internal ways of working requirements, and as appropriate, ensure effective education and execution of principle
- Join and present to various leadership teams as required, ensuring that short and long term initiatives as they relate to recruitment service are transparent, considered and understood
- Extensive professional experience in a talent acquisition, talent management or human resources role in a matrix environment
- Demonstrable experience in RPO service management (managing RPO partnership)
- Preferably with experience of more than one external Recruitment Services supplier
- Experience of the Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry is preferable
- Experienced leader who has demonstrated the ability to lead and develop indirectly and through influence
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing comprehensive global hiring plans with a demonstrated ability to strategically plan and execute large scale initiatives across the organization
- Proficiency in applying benchmarking principles and methodology and of business/industry practices. Understanding market shifts and influencers
- Proficiency in applying benchmarking principles and methodology and of business/industry practices
- Skilled in identifying, understanding, and adapting outstanding practices and processes to help improve performance
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.