Supervisor, Maintenance 3rd Shift
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is hiring a Maintenance Supervisor for 3rd shift. This individual will be responsible for performing and/or supervising 3rd shift maintenance staff and activities to assure proper operation and maintenance of assigned equipment and facilities in accordance with local, state and national building codes. Responsible for coordination and supervision of maintenance services and activities.
- Perform or supervise 3rd shift work necessary to maintain assigned facility(s) and equipment; may include general maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
- Coordinate inspection of and monitoring of utilities and equipment, building systems and alarm response management.
- Daily support of the maintenance group for troubleshooting and general engineering support.
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate preventive maintenance schedules, activities, and services.
- Perform equipment repairs and/or minor construction work as required.
- Monitor the work performed by independent contractors and sub-contractors; meet with facilities/maintenance personnel to identify and resolve problems; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures.
- Prepare and recommend plans, specifications, and cost estimates for equipment maintenance, alterations, and construction activities.
- Complete necessary reports and records to ensure job requests, repairs, and maintenance work is adequately received, recorded, prioritized, and completed in a timely manner.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures; assign tasks, projects and monitor assigned personnel.
- Duties could also require occasional 2nd shift support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent including some specialized training in equipment maintenance or related fields.
- 10+years of increasingly responsible work in maintenance and/or operations including
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Training or certification in HVAC, refrigeration and/or electrical, plumbing.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment
- Written and oral communication to include cGDP
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, team oriented and a strong work ethic
- Microsoft Office (word, excel)
- Organization skills, record keeping
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Effectively presents information and ideas formally and informally, verbally and in writing toothers in a manner that facilitates understanding.
- Able to communicate status, needs, risks and timelines effectively to management. Displays a clear willingness to listen to others.
- Has good interpersonal skills and works interdepartmentally in an effective manner to achieve objectives.
- Shows commitment and dedication and strives to be ahead of schedule.
- Is not afraid to make decisions for the group.
- Demonstrates an ability to find creative solutions to issues and obstacles.
- Practices safety awareness at all times and considers impact of actions prior to executing activities
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.