Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Rockland has an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Technician. This position provides overall business support through the control and distribution of materials in support of customer requirements. It
requires familiarity and knowledge of materials management principles in the areas of product transfer, counting, shipping, and disposal. Additionally, this position requires compliance with ISO, FDA/cGMP, IATA, and DOT regulations and focus on continuous improvement.
- Cross trained and proficient in execution in three functional areas; participate in and rotate appropriately (Receiving, Shipping, Warehousing). Attain basic understanding of SAP transactions directly related to core area duties.
- Accurately enter a variety of SAP transactions or reports (Goods Receipt, Shipments, Stock Overview, Stock Put-Away, and Material Movements).
- Perform general warehouse processes (Location/Put-Away, Retrieval/Picking, Receiving, Stock Consolidation and Picking/Packing) ensuring compliance with GMP requirements.
- Continue with ongoing required area training to increase knowledge and understanding.
- Complete ongoing Employee Health & Safety (EHS) awareness training.
- Complete training on job-related equipment (i.e. pallets jacks, fork trucks, order pickers, motor vehicle use). Safely, properly and efficiently operate material handling equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Experience in a high volume distribution environment preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license at date of hire as well as throughout employment is required.
- Must be able to obtain IATA/DOT certification and maintain periodic re-certification.
- Expresses values of the company in a positive manner.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Constructive proactive communication.
- Positive team oriented attitude.
- Excellent work record (includes tardiness and absenteeism record).
- Attention to detail, producing minimal error rate.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook or equivalent.
- Ability to receive, track and distribute stock.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions in English.
- Ability to comply with detailed procedures.
- Ability to perform math with assistance of calculator.
- Ability to prepare and follow routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.