MSAT Technical Writing Team Manager
MSAT Technical Writing Team Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for a MSAT Technical Writing Team Manager to join our team. The position has the flexibility to work both from home and at our offices in Slough, as required.
The role of the MSAT Technical Writing Team Manager is to be responsible for day to day line management of the Manufacturing, Science & Technology (MSAT) technical writing team of supervisors, writers and editors (16 total) supporting GMP documentation generation for Slough manufacturing operations.
- Provides technical leadership on all aspects of planning, execution of MSAT GMP documentation delivery working within and cross functionally across QC, QA, with external customers.
- Responsibility for technically influencing change and supporting the business processes through cross functional interactions with both internal and external customers through the project life cycles.
- As required resolving documentation related manufacturing operational issues working closely with QA/QC and GMP operations.
- Be accountable for line management, technical coaching, mentoring, setting, agreeing and monitoring performance goals for direct reports and overall team effectiveness including any required disciplinary actions.
- Member of the MSAT leadership team and deputizing for the Head of Departments as required.
- Oversees the recruitment, training and development of all staff and manages performance in line with team and site goals and targets on safety, quality, cost efficiency, delivery and continuous improvements.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to USP and DSP documentation teams in defining technical scope, planning, scheduling and overseeing the management of documentation stages of work both pre and post batch execution according to site/customer requirements.
- Provides technical knowledge/expertise to support the team /site safety, compliance and Quality Systems activities required during GMP operations to ensure all team and site KPI’s are met, continually monitored, and improved using the Hoshin lean management system.
- Works cross functionally with Operations, QA, SCPM and QC to ensure batch schedule adherence is maintained with regards document delivery to manufacturing is supported appropriately, resolving issues as required.
- Accountable with other MSAT managers to ensure all functional process transfer activities are coordinated and are delivered on time in full, working cross functionally on a day to day basis with business partners and external customers.
What we are looking for:
- Established people manager with a proven track record working cross functionally to develop and improve team performance
- Compliance knowledge of Biologics manufacturing process and associated requirements for upstream and downstream operations
- GMP Manufacturing experience essential, and an awareness of documentation involved in this area
- Ability to work in a fast paced (high change) role required by external customers to meet their requirements often to challenging time lines working cross functionally to achieve the outcomes
- Knowledge of IT software and Quality systems software, e.g. SAP, DMS, Trackwise
- Excellent attention to detail and prioritization capabilities – demonstrated previous project management/people leadership skills
- Acts as a technical leader works across functions with excellent communication skills both oral and written – approachable and respected
- BSc in Biotechnology or other relevant Science related subject
- MSc in above disciplines preferred but not essential
- Certified in Lean Six Sigma preferred but not essential
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.