Senior Director, Global Head Supply Chain Bioscience
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Director, Global Head of Supply Chain. This individual will lead a global team and implement strategies within the Supply Chain organization to ensure: optimal flow of materials to enable Lonza Bioscience activities consistently deliver to customer and business expectations; capabilities, processes, and systems are continuously improved and enhanced to support long-term business strategy; appropriate management/ governance systems are implemented to achieve business unit and company goals.
- Builds a capable, agile, and global Supply Chain organization with the technical skills, experience and know-how to define the optimal supply chain for Lonza Bioscience and implement appropriate systems and controls to sustainably deliver results.
- Generates and implements Supply Chain strategies to ensure continuous flow of materials to enable operations/ laboratory activities consistently deliver to customer and business expectations.
- Designs, implements and leads an effective & efficient Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP) for both made-to-stock and made-to-order business.
- Works to continually optimize forecast/ demand planning accuracy, inventory analysis, and capacity modeling to optimally schedule production and troubleshoot supply chain issues.
- Continuously identifies opportunities to optimize the Lonza Bioscience supply chain through analytics and leveraging the full capability of appropriate tools/ systems (e.g., ERP).
- Develops plans for improving productivity, quality and efficiency of operations, in partnership with key stakeholders, to support the strategic aims of the business.
- Build a capable, customer-centric Program Management organization that: acts as single point of contact for all scientific/ technical customer queries; captures customer technical requirements/ needs and translates into business solutions with in alignment with all stakeholders; provides operational support during development & start-up.
- Responsible for make-or-buy decisions, in alignment with appropriate stakeholders, and managing the third-party manufacturing strategy.
- Responsible for appropriate management/ governance systems are implemented to achieve business unit and company goals.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to drive appropriate alignment/ redundancy between productions sites to create dual-sourcing opportunities for customers and to maximize business continuity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Total 10+ years of relevant experience of which more than 5 years of leadership experience leading complex supply chain organizations (Manufacturing or Service Company)
- Deep knowledge in Supply Chain Management in Life Sciences, CDMO, or other regulated sector
- Ability to manage planning / scheduling complexity
- Proven track record of driving programs that enhance profitability, continuous improvement, and efficiency
- Experience in leading deployment of global alignment/ standardization of Business processes
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Possess thorough understanding of the commercial landscape
- Proven track record as a leader, developing others and encouraging growth within the function
- Sophisticated understanding of key business drivers globally, leveraging these insights to drive sound and timely decision making at the right organizational levels
- In-depth expertise of how the business functions inter-relate to drive project execution in the most profitable and effective manner
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Proven leadership experience of global teams
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.