Student Internship / Praktikant
Student Internship / Trainee (6 months)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula for how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is your chance to join a brand new venture from Lonza, one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Our Drug Product Services department will provide best-in-class services for parenteral dosage forms for several drug classes, and provide a one-stop-shop for all clinical outsourcing requirements. As an intern at Drug product Services, you can be at the heart of it, right from the start. As a research intern, you will be involved in novel R&D projects in Pharmaceutical development. You will use your scientific understanding along with novel analytical tools to solve problems that would make the Drug product development process more efficient and improve the likelihood of success.
You will be handling challenging problems on a daily basis and in diverse areas in Drug product development on a daily basis.
- hands-on working in a laboratory
- accurate data recording and maintenance of documentation
- A degree (2nd state exam) in a relevant area such as Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry or equivalent
Depending on your background, experience and interest, you will be working in one of the following areas:
- Formulation development
- Analytical development
- Particle chemistry and characterization
- Forensic chemistry
- Quality control
- Drug product processing
- A very strong team player
- Able to keep up with high-paced start-up environment
- Self-motivated and have a strong passion for Science and interest for Pharmaceutical R&D
- Very good verbal and written communication skills , fluency in English
- Should have a good sense for attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and execute complex tasks
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.