Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to join the Maintenance & Facilities team at their Bend, OR location.
- This position is responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating proactive maintenance work performed at the site, with the objective of minimizing total maintenance cost and effort, by maximizing maintenance work force efficiency and productivity
- Responsible for initial screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope, and analysis of required level of planning
- Coordinates work with the manufacturing department to ensure completion with minimal impact to the manufacturing schedule
- Maintain records of service cycles and other maintenance activities
- Coordinates priority setting with the management team – places specific emphasis on obtaining the input of operations personnel in the setting of priorities
- Manages PM/PdM/CM maintenance planning of all machinery and equipment
- Plans jobs with appropriate level of detail for the given skilled trades workforce
- Assists in determining corrective actions needed to improve the accuracy of estimating and improving methods of doing the work
- Able to perform cost analysis of maintenance activities with the assistance of Maintenance and Facilities partners to provide recommendations for continuous improvements
- Performs long and short-range planning which include the regular analysis of backlog relative to available resources
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programs with a grasp of financial factors in maintenance
- Able to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings
- Able to communicate with shop floor personnel, vendors, OEM suppliers, and management personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required, Certificate or degree in maintenance specialty preferred
- Experience in engineering, maintenance, and/or facilities roles
- Experience as a maintenance planner/scheduler
- Demonstrated ability to perform hands-on, detailed work, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MS Office
- Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.