Associate Principal Scientist, Product Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Associate Principal Engineer, Product Development at their Bend, Oregon location.
- Responsible for the research and development of pharmaceutical and drug delivery products in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary project teams
- Design and conduct experiments, analyze data, and clearly present results
- Use knowledge of engineering fundamentals and the ability to apply these in an experimental setting to develop, scale-up, and transfer processes for manufacturing pharmaceutical products
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of at least one fundamental discipline with working knowledge of all
- Select appropriate models for data analysis and understand underlying derivation
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of technology selection and analytical methods
- Independently acquire knowledge to solve new problems
- Mentor and provide feedback to peers and Engineer I/II/III
- Successfully prioritize and manage multiple program deliverables across several phases of development (discovery through clinical) and consistently deliver with high scientific quality and on time
- Document and communicate design and outcomes (both written and verbal) to the internal project team and the client without supervision
- Assist in defining strategy for projects/programs
- Draft and edit complete drafts of client documents that are ready to send with little input/revision
- Interface with colleagues broadly and proactively throughout the organization/site to achieve goals
- Familiarize with unit operations and techniques outside of technological focus
- Support GMP manufacturing activities as necessary serving as the SME on risk assessments, investigations, troubleshooting, and new equipment design
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires a bachelors degree in chemical engineering or related engineering/scientific field
- Advanced experience in chemical engineering, drug development or related field, including relevant graduate school experience preferred
- Significant work experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong leadership, writing, and communication/presentation skills are required
- Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.