Supervisor, Liquid Media Fill/Finish
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is hiring a Supervisor, Liquid Media Fill/Finish. This individual will be responsible for the daily supervision and operation of the liquid or powder media manufacturing areas under cGMP and safe conditions. Leads the team to meet key performance indicators and drives continuous improvements. Fully accountable for manufacturing procedures and processes, resolving issues when identified. Partners with Quality Assurance to ensure products are manufactured according to the quality systems and applicable compliance regulations.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of manufacturing and/or manufacturing support staff in the production of liquid or powdermedia to ensure daily production schedule is met. Spends time on the floor daily guiding and coaching and teaching operators.Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other team leaders and operational support team.
- Revise and review batch records, SOPs, and forms to ensure compliance with GMPs. Timely review of completed batch records.
- Timely investigation and resolution of manufacturing deviations, CAPAs, and customer complaints.
- Manage employee performance, ensuring that expectations of employees are transparent, performance challenges are documented and communicated to employees with plans developed to improve.
- Maintain production equipment in good working order. Work with support groups to source, maintain, repair and retire equipment.
- Participate with internal and customer audits. Provide department tours and assist with audit support.
- Participate in new product introductions, cross-functional projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent is required with 5-7 yeas experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years’ experience is preferred.
- Aseptic practices and clean room operations experience required
- Knowledge of GMP’s and SOP’s
- Knowledge of biology and chemistry concepts
- Computer software skills, organization, record keeping and planning skills, budget preparation, training skills, multiple projects, time management, facilitation skills
- Diplomacy, negotiation skills, written and oral communication, team building skills, independent work skills, strong work ethic, coaching, delegating skills
- Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous.
- Capable of clearly assigning duties on the manufacturing floor, managing resources and handling competing priorities
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.