Core Technician- Viral Vector
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and is continuing to grow. The Viral Vector Core Technician will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with the production of sterile biological pharmaceutical products.
- Stocks cleanroom suites and supports areas with released inventory.
- Supports cleanroom environment maintenance at below alert limits by following established cleaning practice.
- Packages kits, blood tubes and final product for shipment.
- Monitors expiry of critical raw materials as needed.
- Complies with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Performs procedures according to written guidelines and recognizes deviations from accepted practice.
- Responsible for carrying out production processes in a GMP facility, with tasks including cell culture.
- These roles may include working a number of different shifts - 2nd Shift, 3rd shift, Nights and Weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Associate Degree in Life Sciences.
- Basic Lab experience with a Bachelor’s degree or Intermediate Lab experience within a cGMP clinical production environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.