Multi-Skilled Engineering Technician (4 on (2D/2N), 4 off)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Multi Skilled Engineering Technician will work as part of a team utilizing mechanical and electrical skills, combined with site knowledge to ensure the site utilities equipment is maintained to the required standards, ensuring that services are always reliably available to the factory. Whilst also complying with Lonza Biologics Safety, GMP policies and specific regulations.
This role will work as part of a 4 on 4 off shift basis. Two days (7am – 7pm), two nights (7pm – 7am) and four days off.
- Maintains equipment through planned preventative maintenance using safe working practices
- Provides front line support and prompt resolution for breakdowns and repairs for a range of equipment such as Mechanical systems including pumps, valves and compressors. Utilities such as clean water systems, HVAC, Plant and Clean steam systems, Refrigeration and Instrumentation including temperature, pressure flow meters to name a few
- Supervises visiting service engineers and contract maintenance technicians whilst on site.
- Supports the team and site by participating in the out of hours on call rota.
- Assists in procuring/purchasing/sourcing spare parts/consumables.
- Maintains departmental spreadsheets, SAP data entry and documentation completion.
- Previous experience within a similar role/utilities background
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A background in mechanical, electrical or utilities maintenance will all be considered
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Previous instrument/calibration experience would be beneficial although not essential
- Excellent team player
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP or regulated environments, although not essential, would be advantageous
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.