Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy facility, located in Houston Texas, is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are seeking to add top talent to our Materials Support team. The Material Handler performs operations of the Supply Chain/Materials Management department with awareness and knowledge of the various areas of the operations in Goods Receipt, Goods Issue, Warehousing, Inventory Control and Shipping. The Material Handler will be assigned to one of these areas but over time will cross train to gain knowledge of the complete operations.
- Perform the daily functions and process flow of assigned core area (i.e. Receiving, Issuing, Shipping, Warehouse and Inventory Control). Attain basic understanding and competency of SAP transactions directly related to core area duties
- Accurately enter a variety of SAP transactions (Good Receipt, Stock Overview, Stock Put-Away, and Material Movements, Sales Distribution) ensuring compliance with cGMP requirements and SOP’s
- Perform general stores supply process (initial receiving in goods receipt, released materials, distribution, and restock)
- Continue with ongoing required area training to increase knowledge and understanding. Complete training on the job related equipment. Complete on-going Employee Health & Safety (EHS) chemical awareness training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience within Supply Chain/Logistics
- SAP experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge including MS Office Suite programs
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow-up to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.