Manufacturing Science & Technology (MSAT) Scientist, Cell Therapy (Entry to Mid Level Roles)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Lonza site in Houston is seeking a few Manufacturing Science and Technology Scientists (MSAT) ranging from Entry Level to Mid-Level experience. The MSAT Scientist will be responsible for the successful transfer of cell therapy processes into Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)-compliant production. They are in direct contact with Lonza’s internal stakeholders (Process Development, Quality, Manufacturing, Program Management) and external clients. MSAT Scientists ensure process scalability and manufacturability and will support process validation activities for late phase production. They are in charge of process integration related aspects during campaign preparation and responsible for process supervision and reporting during and after production campaigns. In addition, the MSAT Scientist will coordinate process relevant major deviations and assess their product quality impacts.
- Coordinates campaign preparation in close collaboration with Program Management.
- Performance detailed review of clients and R&D process and generates, in collaboration with R&D
- Supports Technology Transfer of new programs to cGMP Manufacturing
- Coordinates root cause analysis for major process deviations
- Management of data and analysis of various operational parameters
- Detailed understanding of the manufacturing process, active contributor in team meetings to support process gap and risk analysis
- Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences
- Experience performing technology transfer in a cGMP environment
- Knowledge and experience in the Cell Therapy field
- Must comply with safety policies of the company and the site, promoting a positive safety culture
- Adherence to cGMPs is required all times
- All personnel are responsible for notifying responsible management in a timely manner of regulatory inspections, serious GMP deficiencies, product defects and related actions
- Experience within a matrix organization in a dynamic team environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.