IT/OT Technical Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As IT/OT Technical Specialist you will have responsibility for the support of the OT technology which in-turn supports the operations of the business, this includes but is not limited to, process control and monitoring equipment, laboratory software, laboratory instrumentation and laboratory and plant infrastructure. You must be able to forge an open working relationship with system owners and key members of the Manufacturing and Development Departments, promoting proactive, two-way communication in order to implement best-practice and integration with the IT Infrastructure.
As a responsible role you will need to be aware of current and emerging technologies which could benefit/add value to Manufacturing and Development Departments and promote these opportunities internally
- Support implementation of OT hardware and infrastructure
- Perform technical operational support work and systems administration for operational technology systems.
- Monitor, operate and enhance complex OT infrastructure and industrial control systems of distinctive platforms, including mid-range servers, and desktop computers, and OT equipment.
- Provide consultation with regards to software/systems implementation and validation.
- Perform help desk functions for more complex problems, including problem tracking, analysis, resolution, escalation, and coordination
- Strive to provide the best workable solution using the software/systems and systems available in alignment with the sites digital strategy.
- Provide hands-on operational support (technology, out-of-the-box configurations, process and content) for installed solutions.
- Author GxP business and technical requirements, use cases, process flow document, create robust test plans and scripts, execute testing, support user acceptance testing, and perform production rollout.
- Support the end user base in using the above software/systems, to assist in search, transformation and reporting of scientific data to customers and management.
- Perform high level system administration of OT systems: managing the user roles, including their configurations, security rights and access rights
- Knowledge of the following technologies - Windows operating systems, VMware & Citrix .
- Knowledge of storage technologies.
- Networking understanding and experience (IP, LAN, VLAN, WAN)•System implementation, documentation and maintenance.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple IT/OT tasks
- Team Player
- Knowledge of IT computing and security principles
- Exposure to basic programming concepts and databases
- Technical Knowledge of IT computing and security principles
- Technical knowledge of integration techniques and communication protocols
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture, networks, servers and routing systems
- Excellent communication skills – particularly written English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.