Senior Director, Commercial Development
This position is fully remote and can work anywhere within the USA or Canada.
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Commercial Development. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Development, North America, develops solid business plans to delivers against annual, financial & commercial targets. Plays a pivotal role in commercial leadership and works closely with sales, marketing, and proposals teams, as well as the site operational functions, The incumbent in this role supports a strategic business unit with a sales revenue of >$750M. This role is fully remote anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.
- Execute Lonza’s strategic plan to grow its presence in the small molecule business
- Analyzes market areas, defines targets, business models & terms for acquisition of new programs
- Works closely with sales to develop strategies to secure a rounded pipeline of opportunities and ensures effective territory and account plans are in place
- Explores opportunities for innovative business models to further differentiate Lonza Small Molecules division from competition
- Develops retention strategies for customers in Lonza’s development pipeline and manages the portfolio to minimize mid-term risk
- Plays a key role in Market Development and elaboration of the market mix (strategic marketing) for Lonza Small Molecules
- Works effectively with Business Planning to develop short-mid-long term commercial objectives.
- Manages both technical and business aspects of the business for the portfolio of customers/products
Key Requirements/Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- University degree in life science. Advanced degree a plus
- Advanced experience relevant to the industry, markets, technologies and products
- Strong CDMO background with understanding of drug development process
- Preferably drug substance and drug product experience
- Customer focused and result oriented
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.