Senior Specialist 1, MRP Planning (CGT)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
The role will translate the Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) asset strategy into tactical actions, implement short and long term source, procurement and material planning for the CGT business. To assure adequate quantities of material at the time needed to meet actual production requirement at the lowest cost. Role will work closely with Program Manager, Manufacturing, MSAT, QC and
QA on Material requirement. Act as SCM representative for any Tech Transfer for material requirement planning and governance. And also act as SCM representative for any Deviation and Change request. Role also requires business knowledge and technical writing abilities to produce accurate and compliant deviations and process change controls with little assistance.
- In absence of Dept Manager, to take lead to manage the direct materials sourcing team to ensure satisfactory purchase decisions, follow-up and expedite solution of problems that arise in relation to quality, delivery or pricing.
- To manage the maintenance, and accuracy of SAP part numbers, MRP requirements, safety stock and reorder point levels to ensure timely supply of critical materials for customer projects and operation requirements.
- Analyze data to determine best possible solutions, whether requisition based or transaction reduction-based and implement necessary corrective actions.
- Able to identify and act on situations or impending event which will require escalation and communicates to appropriate levels.
- Responsible for the creation/management/closure of the GMP documents such as Trackwise Change controls, Supplier Change Notification, Deviations and CAPA’s etc including in Raw Material Specification creation in DMS (for Traceable only) and review process.
- Involvement in Customer Project Team to ensure Supply Chain meets the required production need-by-dates for order placement, delivery, test, and release of raw materials
- Responsible for Raw Material planning, Purchase Order creation and maintenance. Communicate effectively with internal (including Lonza global colleagues) and external customers.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies, procedures and ethics guidelines are maintained.
- Able to assume responsibility for actions assigned to Sourcing Specialists from Internal Project Team.
- Participates in Customer Project Team meetings and represents SCM Team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision and to effectively lead Supply Chain initiatives.
- Ensure and implement control in managing raw materials and finished goods inventory to prevent losses and/or scrap.
- Ensure that all inventory discrepancies are investigated and resolved in a timely manner within internal and external customer.
- Lead representatives in area audits (internal and external).
- Ensure Training adherence per company policy.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Degree or Diploma in SCM, Procurement or any relevant discipline.
- Planning and Sourcing experience from a fast pace environment & manufacturing industry.
- Significant years of relevant SCM experience supporting internal stakeholders.
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support inventory management/ strategy recommendations.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis.
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports.
- SAP knowledge in MM module.
- A team player.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
We provide company transport, both ways, at multiple pick up points.