Section Manager (Utilities)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
Lonza is currently looking to hire a Section Manager, Utilities to join the Engineering Team. This role is responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of engineering and administrative activities which occur within the individual’s team. The individual is expected to monitor and drive metrics for measuring performance effectiveness of the individual’s team Performance Indicators (KPIs). Role will also assist the department manager in all managerial, technical and compliance aspects of running the department.
- Operate and maintain all GMP utilities equipment and systems (Water for Injection, clean steam systems and Compressed Dry Air).
- Develop and maintain all utilities equipment and procedural SOP’s, operation manuals and vendor documents.
- Manage the Preventive Maintenance (PM) program, ensuring all repairs are logged and accurate records of work completed are maintained, and ensure PM work orders are closed on a timely basis.
- Provide a safe and controlled work environment within areas of responsibility.
- Be aware of the site safety objectives and make sure they are communicated and understood by all staffs.
- Responsible for staffing, training and retaining energized, motivated, team oriented staffs.
- Responsible for continuous learning, development and advancement of staffs.
- Utilize work staffs in an efficient and effective manner through cross training/ flexible resource planning.
- Work with Quality Assurance groups to ensure cGMP compliance in all aspects of manufacturing .
- Collaborate with the stakeholders to bring about process robustness/ improvements.
- Represent the department during audits or customer meetings.
- Accept accountability for variance and deviation generation rates and ensure their timely closures.
- Resolve/ manage timeline/ resource constraints and conflicts via appropriate prioritization and escalation.
- Work with Technology Transfer teams to introduce new processes and maintain current processes where required.
- Work inter-departmentally to see that work orders and documentation issues are resolved and enhance communications at all levels.
- Carry out performance reviews and recommend advancements for employee where reasonable.
- Interface closely with cross functions department to identify and resolve issues timely.
- Ensure team member performance measure are up to date.
- Assume accountability on recognition and disciplinary responsibility for all team members.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor/ Manager.
- Degree/diploma in the relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience as a system SME/system owner in FDA regulated facility in a cGMP environment, semi-conductor or petrochemical industry.
- Must be proficient with respect to the operation and maintenance of various utility systems.
- Understand the design, installation, and maintenance of utilities system that supports a complex manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines and process validation.
- Familiar with pharmacopoeia standards.
- Possessing professional licenses, such as valid SCEM cert, 1st Grade or 2nd Grade Steam Engineer is advantage
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
For more information, please visit: https://go.gov.sg/vdsmminfo