Customized assays to assess the safety and functionality of your biotherapeutic
Other PBMC or cell line-based Bioassays can also be developed on demand to demonstrate proof of concept and assess functionality of the biotherapeutic protein. These include viability assays, cell binding assays and inhibition assays. Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Epibase® Customized Potency Assays
Specific target cell killing can be a key attribute for many biotherapeutic proteins, particularly monoclonal antibodies. Binding to membrane-bound targets on tumor cells and subsequent killing of target cells via ADCC (antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity), ADCP (antibody-dependent cellular phagocytosis), CDC (complement-dependent cytotoxicity) or toxic payloads on ADC (antibody-drug conjugates) needs to be assessed during development. Other novel cell therapy products can also be assessed using CTL (cytotoxic T lymphocyte) killing assays.
- Target cell sourcing, expansion and banking
- Generation of customized target cells
- Design and optimization of binding assays
- Primary cell assays using PBMC or isolated NK (Natural Killer) cells as effector cells
- Engineered cell lines as effector cells to maximize assay robustness and throughput
- Fluorescent and luminescent readout platforms to directly monitor cell killing
- Advanced primary T cell assays to generate antigen-specific CTL which can be used as effector cells to directly kill target cells