Our lipid and liquid-based formulation services provide flexible, fit for purpose solutions to a wide range of formulation challenges including solubility / bioavailability improvement, addressing food effect issues, and low dose applications.
Lipid and liquid-based formulations (LBF) based on oils, surfactants and cosolvents represent a robust approach for bioavailability enhancement in either liquid-filled hard capsules or soft gelatin capsules. Liquid and semi-solid fill technologies are well suited to compounds with low aqueous solubility or poor permeability and have long-established market precedence. LBF approaches are also utilized in addressing other key formulation challenges, including:
- Low dose applications: optimization of dose and content uniformity
- High potency applications: safe handling of HPAPI via liquid processing
- Abuse deterrence: liquid-based formulations incorporating a range of excipients which can deter routes of abuse specific to the active compound
- Colonic delivery: liquid-filled approaches for improved drug delivery to the colon
- Combination products: dual liquid-filled capsule systems for fixed dose combinations or dual release profiles
Our integrated services include phase-appropriate processing across proof-of-concept studies through clinical trials and commercial production.