Associate Director, IT Portfolio Management
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this global role, you will be responsible for managing the IT project portfolio focusing heavily on resource management. You will actively engage with business stakeholders ensuring appropriate governance and guidance for IT project requests. You will coordinate with work streams to ensure project requests meet accuracy and reliability of project data. Furthermore, you will provide the global IT portfolio in a consolidated format to the global Head of IT Strategy & Project Portfolio Management, for subsequent reviews, controlling and prioritization with Business leadership.
- Provide IT leadership with resource information on bottlenecks, excess capacity and project conflicts
- Organize and execute the core (IT) portfolio management process from project planning to project approvals, into project execution through all necessary stages and gates/decision points
- Responsible for evaluating the project portfolio pipeline and identifying resource requirements
- Structure, prepare and align the different IT portfolios in Lonza
- In charge of collecting the required data for relevant IT portfolios in a global IT portfolio information data base
- Proactively govern and coach business stakeholders with regards to the different stages of the IT project requisition process
- Sets forward global standards and guidelines for IT portfolio management
- Provide policies and continuously improves required procedures
- Master's degree or higher in a relevant field
- Experience with project portfolio resource management in a global/matrix organization
- Previous experience working in a consulting firm strongly desired
- Extensive experience managing bottlenecks, excess capacity and project conflicts
- Experience with Portfolio Management / Resource Management Tools to optimize the resource and project management planning
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to work on different parallel tasks and projects
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with ability to liaise and influence senior stakeholders
- Good leadership and strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with IT solution domains – ideally business applications with a strong know-how of one of the following products: SAP ERP, other SAP applications, Salesforce CRM, other ERP is nice to have
- Previous experience within a regulated environment (Pharma, Food, Chemicals) is a clear advantage
- Sound knowledge of IT innovation approaches and digital solution development approaches
- Passion to work in an international and diverse environment, international work experience
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.