Manufacturing Science and Technology Process Engineer
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) Process Engineer. Our Process Engineer’s primary responsibility is to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for large-scale downstream manufacturing processes. This position is a great opportunity for someone with some industry experience to enter a Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) role focusing on the Downstream/Purification portion of a manufacturing process or a recent graduate with a strong chemical engineering background where chromatography, filtration and purification was a focus.
- Represents Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) on project teams as technical subject matter expert (SME) and interface with customer technical and quality representatives.
- Develops process understanding and expertise.
- Authors/reviews/and owns process related documentation (ex. process description and batch records).
- Authors/reviews change controls (including managing the implementation of the change as the assigned change agent).
- Monitors and reports on process performance (manufacturing data analysis and delivery of data in the form of live presentations).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology area, Biological Sciences, or Chemical Engineering.
- Working experience in biotech industry in process development, process scale up, tech transfer or manufacturing.
- Working experience with large scale (2 KL + experience a plus) manufacturing support (mammalian preferred), cGMP and US / EU regulations.
- Significant knowledge of cell biology, protein structure, scale up, chromatography, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration, virus filtration and basic knowledge of statistical data analysis.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly express ideas and point of view both verbally and in writing. Has good inter personal skills. Shows commitment and dedication and strives to be ahead of schedule.
- Practices safety awareness at all times and considers impact of actions prior to executing activities
- Ability to share 24/7 on-call support while process is being manufactured.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.