Head of R&D Analytical Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Analytical Development to join us in Colmar, France.
The role will be to lead a team of R&D analytical scientists to support critical business functions in Capsules and Health Ingredients (CHI) business unit. This includes development and validation of analytical methods for new and existing products, transfer and reduction to practice of methods for QC or other parts of CHI, and establishment of new analytical capabilities for future business opportunities and directions.
Will work with CHI teams and organizations, such as QA, QC, PD, OPs and R&D to provide innovative solutions for challenging problems related to capsules and health ingredient technologies. Assists in the creation of intellectual property and regulatory filings for CHI and clients. Presents experimental findings, interpretation, and recommendations to CHI management.
- Manage team of analytical scientists to design and execute critical studies and drive innovations for internal and client funded programs
- Work within multidisciplinary teams as analytical lead to bring innovative capsule and health ingredient solutions to market
- Leads advances in measurement technologies, chemical analysis and formulation sciences for CHI business unit
- Supports IP creation and defense by serving as SME for analytical science to legal team and driving creation of IP through generation of patents and trade secrets
- Independently seek out and effectively apply knowledge from the literature or other external sources to drive key CHI business initiatives
- Effectively communicate scientific concepts internally and externally in verbal and written format, including preparing guidance documents and publishing results
- Exhibit leadership in scientific thought, in operational execution, and in supporting CHI business initiatives and clients
What we need you to have:
- M.S./PhD. in Chemistry, Biology qualified.
- Extensive Industry experience, within Analytical Development
- Previous team leadership experience within an Analytical development environment.
- Effective communication skills are required due to the multidisciplinary team structures
- Fluency in English and French advantageous.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.