Site Head Guangzhou
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. The two companies will work closely on the design of the 17,000 m2 site, which will include 6,500 m2 of lab space and one KUBio facility. With more than 20 successful FDA approvals for biologics, combined with international regulatory expertise, Lonza will now be able to offer the same high standards in China as it does elsewhere. Lonza plans to hire and train a significant number of staff for this site.
- Support the establishment of a fully-fledged Operations set-up.
- Manage the Operations Department at the facility.
- Ensure a safe and environmentally compliant site.
- Ensure that the Operations group are managed in accordance with schedule, budget, safety requirements and Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Ensure Site support service effectively support Operations group at site.
- Manage site planning activities to provide sufficient space and resources to meet requirement.
- Ensure that all teams (Manufacturing, MSAT, Supply Chain, Engineering, EHS, Training, Operational Excellence) operate in an efficient and safe manner and in accordance with cGMP.
- Provision of resources(Personnel/Facilities) to meet commercial schedules.
- Prioritize work/projects to ensure that critical activities occur in a timely manner.
- Ensure that objectives, development plans, GMP training plans, training files and appraisals are in place for all staff at the facility. Ensure that succession plans are in place and regularly updated for direct reports and other key positions throughout the facility.
- Ensure that all personnel receive appropriate GMP and safety training.
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are maintained in good working order and high standards of housekeeping are maintained throughout Operations.
- Ensure that direct reports and their staff are motivated, enthusiastic, committed and encouraged to work in a team environment.
- Ensure that revenue generating activities occur in a timely manner and meet that agreed through Sales and operation Planning. Ensure plant capacity is called to meet Sales demand.
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits. Identify areas requiring improvement.
- Ensure that initiatives are in place to maximize operational process efficiencies and improvements. Ensure resources (people, training, techniques) are available to deliver operational excellence in key areas.
- Ensure Pilot schedule delivers to agreed schedule. Ensure technical transfer from customer/development to pilot and to GMP operations proceeds effectively and in a timely manner. Work with Customer/Development on introduction of new manufacturing technologies.
- Ensuring cross functional coordination of the operations team with all other functional teams.
- Define and control headcount, operating expenditure and capital expenditure for Operations Group. Create a long-term plan for capital improvements for Operations Group.
- Expert in both Pharmaceutical Biologics commercial manufacturing as well as clinical development/Cell line construction.
- Bachelor Degree in a scientific or engineering field, ideally (bio)chemical engineering, pharmaceutical engineering/sciences, biology or equivalent.
- Adapts to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is crucial.
- Anticipates and resolves challenges through understanding Lonza-specific standards and ways of working (Quality, SoPs, processes and others).
- Learns from successes/failures, and applies lessons to new technical and interpersonal situations.
- Strong ability to understand and operate in multi-Cultural environment (local and international) as well as ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment. International experience (US, EU) is a strong plus.
- Strong ability to attract and develop talent in all relevant areas.
- Language: Fluent English in oral and written, Mandarin is strong plus.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.