Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Cologne site develops, manufactures and markets a comprehensive product portfolio of life-science research tools around cultured cells, including non-viral gene transfer products for primary cells and hard-to-transfect cell lines. To strengthen our Finance team, we are looking for a Bilanzbuchhalter (m/w/d) responsible for supporting with monthly, quarterly and year-end closing for three entities and various business units.
Position is part time (50%)
- Reconciling accounts and check the accuracy of journal entries ensuring general ledger’s accuracy and completeness
- Assisting in local audits (annual financial statements, operational, other)
- Coordinating and collaborating with Lonza’s own shared service center in Manchester
- Coordinating asset bookkeeping (close out, inventory, etc.)
- Creating of various reports/statistics
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting
- A solid work experience acquired in either a tax office or in a corporate finance department
- Fluency in both German and English
- Good Ms Office Skills and knowledge of SAP
- Team spirit, intercultural openness and communication skills round off your profile
As the German location of the Swiss Lonza Group, Lonza Cologne GmbH offers you a secure and modern workplace in a scientific environment, a target-oriented induction, various development opportunities, open and uncomplicated communication, flat hierarchies and flexible working hours.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.