Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Tampa, FL is searching for an experienced GMP Asset Mechanic to join our amazing team. As our GMP Asset Mechanic, you will be responsible to ensure that GMP production assets are evaluated prior to purchase, qualified and tested as needed, maintained and commissioned prior to use with all relevant documentation completed, and properly decommissioned and stored for future use. You will review equipment and room designs, as well as troubleshoot and assess equipment failures, perform corrective repairs and implement preventative measures. Your role will be to provide input for the development of maintenance plans, tasks, procedures, and schedules to ensure assets are reliably and efficiently maintained.
- Performs planned and unplanned maintenance on assets in a GMP environment and ensures activities are properly documented.
- Demonstrate ability to read, analyze, and interpret schematics information to troubleshoot equipment and system failures and determines or supports determination of root cause and recommends/performs corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Manages and issues equipment table tooling, ensuring that tools are maintained properly, tracked, kitted for use, and available.
- Coordinates and performs equipment relocation ensuring no damage is incurred during the move and that asset is fully functional and within specification before releasing asset for use.
- Recommends upgrades to GMP equipment and supports installation of new equipment which may include: FAT, SAT, execution of qualification protocols, and determination of maintenance plans and spare parts
- Work cross-functionally with other resources (operations, purchasing, planning, QA, Project Management, laboratory, manufacturing, etc.) to schedule, perform and properly document any and all relevant tasks pertaining to GMP Assets.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certificate or license from a mechanical or engineering trade school preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience in evaluating, qualifying, maintaining and commissioning assets in cGMP industry setting.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting, repair, and preventative efforts on assets.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.