Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Biotechnologist- Bulk Fill to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
This role will be working Monday-Friday 08.00-16.30. This role will be on a 12 Month fixed term contract basis.
- Carry out the skills used in a GMP Manufacturing environment, progressing from supervised to unsupervised activities.
- The role comprises various duties which will ensure that products are aseptically filled within the manufacturing area at the Slough UK facility in accordance with schedule, safety requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assist in reviewing and closing out comments of completed batch records.
- Use of DRB system to raise deviations as appropriate, follow up and assist in the close out CAPAs.
- Ensure COSHH assessments are read and understood prior to commencing activities.
- Direct involvement in the manufacturing process. Carrying out preparation activities related to the Bulk Fill facility activities e.g. Equipment inspection, sanitisation and preparation of the fill area.
- Identify any Continuous Improvements to the process/equipment, and help with completion of any projects to which have been assigned
What we need you to have:
- Previous industry experience within a Bulk filling environment
- Hands on experience within a GMP environment
- Highlight safety issues in the area and instil a safety attitude in the team.
- Support the creation and maintenance of COSHH, manual handling and general risk assessments
- Ensure that objectives given are met in the appropriate timescale
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.