Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The HR Generalist is to provide assistance in the execution of the Human Resource programs on a site/department or function. This is an intermediate role requiring knowledge and experience in HR. Incumbent builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction. Facilitates implementation and execution of Human Resource policies, initiatives, processes and programs.
- Assist in the development and consistent administration of all human resources policies, programs, and practices on site
- Assist in the implementation of human resources operational initiatives and projects
- Performs day-to-day HR responsibilities including providing consistent feedback to employee questions and concerns
- May conduct investigations with proper guidance from Manager regarding employee complaints, working conditions, disciplinary actions
- Support employee activities and community relations
- Lead recruitment efforts for regular, full-time and temporary employees by coordinating the proper and timely approval of personnel requisitions
- Development/update of position descriptions, and communication (internal and external) regarding Lonza employment opportunities
- Review and screen all resumes
- Recommend for management review qualified applicants and coordinate development of the interview team and associated logistics.
- Initiate and ensure proper documentation associated with background/reference checking, pre-employment physicals, relocation authorizations, etc.
- Conduct routine reference checks
- Draft employment offer recommendations and authorization letters (if applicable)
- Manage new employee onboarding process
- May develop annual training plan for all employee training requirements.
- Responsible for developing site Affirmative Action Plans
- Coordinate HR Administrative duties and responsibilities with the HR Service Center
- Bachelor degree in organizational development, HR, psychology and business admin desirable
- Knowledge in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and labor relations
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- High level of integrity and ethics
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.