Production Team Leader (Nightshift)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza, Edinburgh are market leaders in the manufacture of liquid filled hard shell capsules and supply products for clinical and commercial applications. We require a Night Shift Production Team Leader to drive the continued growth of our site in Livingston.
As part of the manufacturing team you will work in a fast paced production environment supervising and assisting with the manufacture of pharmaceutical products that will deliver improved patient outcomes and fulfill unmet medical needs.
The new and exciting role will support the continued expansion of our manufacturing facilities and are required to meet growing market demand and enable our customers to help their patients
**This is a Night Shift Role**
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis investigations when required
- Ensure production staff complete batch documentation legibly and accurately to comply with GMP standards
- Ensure production personal training records are regularly revised and kept up to date.
- Assign manpower and equipment to ensure adherence to production schedule and efficient use of resources.
- Optimising training opportunities for production operators when performing infrequent processes.
- Define a training program for new production personnel to enable them to carry out basic useful tasks at an early stage.
- Generate SAI (Stand Alone Investigations) when required.
- Conduct Production Operator annual reviews in line with Cleanroom Manager.
- Complete Batch record reviews when required.
- Participate in SOP reviews for equipment and processes
- Have good practical skills - to set-up, operate and strip down modern high speed production equipment
- Be flexible - to ensure production output and client demands
- Have integrity - to maintain compliance with GMP regulations
- Be reliable - able to make a positive contribution to the production team
- Be conscientious and have a good eye for detail - to conduct quality checks and ensure data is accurately recorded
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.