Team Leader - Payroll UK
Team Leader - Payroll UK
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Team Leader to join our Payroll Organisation based in our busy Shared Service Centre in Manchester, UK.
The successful candidate will drive the day to day operational Payroll & Time Management Team within the EMEA region. The post holder will be responsible for team management and development and driving SLA and case management compliance; reporting back to the Head of HR Services EMEA. The position will also be first point of contact for regional escalations and technical queries, attending vendor performance reviews and initiate payroll change requests.
- Leads and develops a team of payroll / time management and benefit co-ordinators across several EMEA countries to deliver timely and accurate payroll services in accordance with 3rd party pay cycles.
- Drives the day to day performance of the Payroll and Administration teams utilizing Service Now Dashboard and Payroll Reporting tools
- Motivates and develops the team including attendance, performance and career development
- Works with Head of HR Services EMEA to standardize process and improve efficiencies within the team; also collaborating with the global teams
- Ensure Managers, employees and HR community are adequately informed on changes, processes, tools in the new outsourced payroll environment
- Drive collaboration between global payroll provider, local third party providers and Lonza payroll & benefit coordinators to ensure any issues are escalated and resolved effectively;
- BSc or equivalent Payroll / Finance / Accounting
- Certification: CIPP required and IAB preferred
- Proven ability to implement and execute the defined payroll outsourcing strategy.
- Develop a professional payroll function which is scalable & flexible to meet the company needs.
- Proven experience to lead, engage and motivate a team in multiple locations.
- Proven ability to deliver results, dive deep, invent and simplify, and insist on the highest standards.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple projects/initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner.
- Strong analytical skills to identify potential impact and implications of issues and to take appropriate mitigation actions.
- Solid organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to contribute in a metrics driven organization.
- Experience performing ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel including V-look ups, pivot tables, macros, and other complex functions.
- Second language such as French, German or Spanish would be an advantage.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.