Senior Scientist – Purification Development
Senior Scientist, Purification Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist to join our Purification Development Team in Slough, Berkshire, UK. You will join a great team at the heart of product development and innovation. If you have previous AKTA or Chromatography experience, then we would be very keen to hear from you.
- Plan and design own experiments with guidance from lead scientist
- Buffer preparation, purification of proteins
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of own projects with particular attention to safety, quality, on time and right first time
- Escalate technical issues in a timely fashion
- Ensure that experimental details, raw data and results are recorded as appropriately
- Collate, analyse and evaluate data to produce good quality process information
- Operate as part of a cross-functional project team
- Prepare and deliver high quality presentations, protocols and reports
- Ensure own training is up to date
- Contribute to the efficient running of the laboratories
- BSc / PhD in Biotechnology or in a relevant scientific discipline and appropriate laboratory experience
- Excellent theoretical knowledge of protein chemistry and protein purification
- Very strong practical laboratory skills within this area
- Practical experience with laboratory scale AKTA chromatography and ultrafiltration (TFF) systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Proficient in the use of Unicorn software
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary/project team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.