Business Intelligence Analyst
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Business Analytics team. As a Business Intelligence Analyst at Lonza, you will work with members of the Business Analytics team and with various stakeholders throughout the organization to design, develop, and deliver dynamic analytics solutions. In this role you will work directly with Solutions Architects, Analytics Developers, and Subject Matter Experts to deliver key solutions enabling the organization to leverage its data in order to drive informed decision making, improve operational efficiency and overall company performance.
- Analyze and integrate data from an array of source systems – using best practice tools and techniques.
- Design and deliver robust analytics and technology solutions – such as: dashboards, reports, and other analytical tools.
- Collaborate with Solutions Architects, Developers and key stakeholders.
- Educate and promote awareness of available tools, content, and capabilities.
- Mentor business users on proper data visualization techniques, tools, and best practices.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Analytics, or Business.
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, and Data Warehousing processes, methods, and tools.
- Significant experience in data modeling and utilizing appropriate methods to query, analyze, and aggregate large data sets to support solution development.
- Significant experience visualizing data that promotes action and ease of understanding.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills with working knowledge of Agile
- Significant experience identifying and recommending analytics tools and solutions to monitor, forecast, and improve business performance.
- Experience with data governance, data ownership, risk and compliance programs and techniques; Pharma and cGMP experience preferred.
- Preferred working experience in Microsoft Platforms – SQL Server, SSRS, and SSAS.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.