Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Guangzhou Nansha Ltd was established in April 2003, expanding Lonza’s global presence for chemical manufacturing and life science ingredients. You will takes responsibility of project execution, technical issue identification and resolution and on-time delivery of service and product as customer's demand. Will act as technical expert or leader in the cross-functional project team to make the project success.
- Plan, prepare and execute the assigned experimental task within the timeline.
- Understand the purpose of the assigned experimental task, identify the operational difficulty of the task execution, and independently plan and perform efficiently the experimental plan to get the desired results in timely, accurate and detailed way. Record, confirm, summarize and document the experimental protocol and results as required; and report timely the experimental issue to leader, and discuss the probable roote cause and resolved measures.
- Prepare and confirm the report and technical document as required to leader or customer in English or Chinese if needed.
- Perform the lab maintenance as 5s requirement to keep the assigned lab area and equipment in good status.
- Coach the junior technician.
- GMP Responsibility: Comply with cGMP's requirement to attend the related training. Comply with cGMP's requirement to perform the related operation.
- Production Support: GMP plant support a) Timely data tracking, interpretation and intervention; b) First-line production support; c) Optimization of plant fit; d) Elaboration of sound scientific basis for the documental preparation.
- Tech. Transfer: a) Transfer of process knowhow; familiarization/verification; b) Gap analysis and process robustness analysis; c) Definition of an appropriate scale-up strategy; d) Process safety data assessment and risk analysis.
- Process Optimization: a) Process design (unit operation optimization); number and type of solvents, telescoping etc.; b) Throughput; concentration, debottlenecking; c) Solvent recovery; d) Yield (mass balance); reduce chemical and mechanical yield losses.
- Process Development: a) GMP starting materials and building blocks; b) Fit for purpose: manufacturability, robustness, safety, efficiency; c) Product introduction in ISO plant.
- Education background: Bachelor degree above, Master is strong plus. Major in Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Accept 2021/2020 graduates.
- Experienced in process development and scale-up in Pharma or chemical industry.
- Has a good knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, and can proficiently execute the simple multiple-synthetic route.
- Has a track record of process development and scale-up, and be familiar with general workflow of process development.
- General presentation skill.
- Good in read and written English, good oral English is plus.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.