Team Leader QC
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza we have an exciting opening for a Quality Control Team Leader to join us on site in Geleen on a full time, permanent basis.
The QC Team Leader will have oversight and responsibility for the planning and execution of daily quality test and control activities while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards in the area of responsibility. You will be the link between the team and other teams c.q. the Manager Quality Control.
Leading a team of (Senior) Quality Control Associates on execution of quality control activities.
Delivery of services in this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing planning and execution of quality test and control activities including e.g. documentation.
- Organize and coordinate monitoring of stock level inclusive of forms within quality laboratory.
- Writing and reviewing documentation (SOP’s, Quality Instructions, protocols…) related to quality control activities.
- Initiation, contribution and timely follow up to ORB, EM excursion reports and investigations.
- Report non-conformances immediately to the Manager QC.
- Suggesting and implementing process, planning and training improvements.
- Responsible for the qualification and development of the team.
- Responsible for all planning activities for the team.
- Guaranteeing appropriate handover of information between teams and shifts.
This position involves judgement of batch related documents, therefore the position requires a very precise and responsible working attitude.
You should have the following experience/knowledge;
- BSc/MSc in chemistry/biotechnology.
- Proven experience with Quality Control and basic microbiological techniques (gram stain, sterility), RT-qPCR and endotoxin testing.
- Experience with GMP.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Leadership, accuracy, planning and organization, critical thinker, pro activity, flexibility.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.