Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting opening for an MSAT Manager in Walkersville, Maryland. The MSAT Manager will lead a group of engineers, scientists, specialists to drive the successful and timely transfer of processes/systems into manufacturing as well as completion of technical investigation and process improvements in a Matrix Organization structure. This individual will support production campaigns and serve as technical SME and technical interface to customers such as R&D, Manufacturing, QA, Program Management, business unit and Sales. May also be indirectly responsible for other operational services such as Equipment Specialists, Validation, Manufacturing process specialist, and Training Specialist(s).
- Provide technical guidance on change controls and how they might impact the processes and product specifications.
- Identify system level areas for improvement within department or site and propose projects to drive such improvements. Use technical knowledge to influence decision making at site level.
- Lead technology transfers to enable the timely and successful transfer of manufacturing process into Lonza Walkersville. Work with technical experts from customer and within Lonza on the technology transfer. Manage multiple technology transfers in parallel.
- Forge strong relationships with manufacturing counterparts to serve as a natural extension of the manufacturing team.
- Serve as technical SME for area with generalized expertise across processes and strive to be recognized as such across the Lonza network and by customers.
- Develop basic understanding of other areas (PD, MFG) to enable broad technical discussions with customers during technology transfer, process support or investigations.
- Evaluate new technologies and process tools to optimize and automate manufacturing processes, reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Play a key role in resolving technical issues for all functions to improve compliance throughout the site, including serving as investigation lead for process-impacting deviations and investigations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related scientific/engineering field
- Significant experience in an MSAT leadership (or related) role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Successful experience mentoring, coaching and developing talent
- Experience with quality systems
- Experience conducting complex technical investigations
- Experience with conducting tech transfer
- Cell Culture experience is a plus
- Cell Therapy/Gene Therapy experience is a plus
- Process Validation experience is a plus
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.