Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Lab Informatics Technologist to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our expanding informatics platforms. You will be part of a talented team of scientists that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering critical software to ensure the highest levels of quality, performance and security as we move towards a fully paperless laboratory.
This role will be responsible for the management of key projects with the goal of optimizing lab procedures, implementing new technologies and providing expert level technical support to our customers via phone, web, email, IM and other support channels as required.
- Responsible for the support of key system platforms at the Slough site (eg. EWB lab notebook, LIMS, pI), including template management for assays, interaction with other software, data recording, integrity and recall.
- Provide expert IT technical support for computerised laboratory systems and act as an independent system administrator for a variety of computerised equipment in the laboratory.
- Oversee the effective use of electronic systems to ensure quality, compliance and improved data management, i.e. reduce paper based systems.
- Identify and develop strategic advances in data management technologies to improve operations (automation, exploiting the full potential systems, system to system interaction and process improvements following OE lean principles) to improve RFT, delivery to plan and overall end to end performance.
- Identify and develop strategic advances in data management technologies to improve operations, and mine data from software applications to support trending, reporting, investigations, process improvements and predictive modelling.
- Specialist / Super User / SME in a knowledge management software, electronic laboratory notebooks or laboratory information systems
- Experienced user of MS Office software (such as MS Excel, Azure)
- Good Knowledge of Computer Systems Validation
- System implementation, documentation and maintenance
- Ability to manage and execute multiple IT/OT tasks and project manage
- Knowledge of IT computing and security principles
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.