Global Account Manager, US East Coast
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Biologics has an exciting Global Account Manager, US East Coast opportunity available to that will proactively manage Global Customer Accounts and those relationships to ensure the successful execution of ongoing projects. To build and strengthen customer relationships, increase account penetration, uncover new business opportunities and drive growth across all Lonza businesses. Demonstrate strategic business awareness of the market and customers in order to differentiate Lonza. Deliver year on year customer satisfaction targets, and account financial targets.
This is a home-based position and an ideal candidate will be based on the East Coast (USA), with preference in the North East.
- To develop robust and well thought out strategic account plans, and to obtain sales management, division, and business unit approval of the plans. Account planning should be based on but not limited to current market/industry trends and an understanding of the account pipeline and commercialization strategies. Keeps up to date on customer annual reports, quarterly reports and relevant investor and press communications.
- Manage ongoing account business and contractual obligations. Organize and host Lonza & Customer Joint Steering Committees and Executive Steering Committees, and ensure a sound governance structure is in place.
- Plan and perform the selling, proposal and contract negotiation processes, developing and deploying robust value propositions and action plans to close deals effectively and maximize margin.
- Act as the customer advocate and leverage internal team expertise to resolve problems and follow through on commitments, elevating critical issues to the appropriate management level for removal of organizational barriers to resolve customer problems.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in closing complex customer deals with multiple projects across all available Lonza technologies. Demonstrated competence in collaboration, teamwork and communication with customer, as well as, internal Lonza Commercial Leadership. Mentors or is a resource for other sales employees. Potential successor for Commercial Leadership role.
- Monitors, manages and ultimately improves customer satisfaction. Performs regular account health checks, as well as, organize and drive the review of customer survey results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Master's degree in Life Science's or Engineering. PhD and/or MBA preferred. Preferred area of study: Biology, Biochemistry, or related Engineering field.
- Substantial commercial experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CDMO space.
- Strategic marketing and/or commercial background.
- Proven track record in delivering year on year financial and customer satisfaction targets.
- Strong understanding of drug development and commercialization processes.
- Strong technical understanding of drug substance and drug product manufacturing processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of current & future trends in Biopharma and CDMO market.
- Well-connected industry networker.
- Accomplished presenter used to delivering impactful presentations to senior leaders.
- Highly persuasive and proven influencer. Ability to challenge at senior level with persuasive and well-informed arguments.
- Strong team player that keeps direct line management and stakeholders informed.
- Used to working in a highly complex matrix environment.
- Is keen to understand customer motivation and value drivers.
- Has the strength of character to have tough conversations with customers.
- Builds enduring customer relationships based on trust.
- Empowering leader with an ability to develop individuals and team to reach full potential
- Motivating and charismatic.
- Proactively approaches challenging situations with a positive and energetic attitude.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.