HR manager Porriño
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As the HR Manager you will be responsible for all human resources activities for Lonza Porriño. The role has overall operational responsibility to manage HR processes and global HR initiatives effectively. Key deliverables include effective employee relations, recruiting, training, organizational development, and community relations. In addition, you will facilitate implementation and execution of Human Resource policies, initiatives, processes and programs and provide coaching and counseling to line management.
- Full responsibility of Employee company life Cycle in Areas / Functions assigned
- Ensure that all human resources policies, programs, and practices on site are in line with the regional / global guidelines
- Plan, organize and assist in the implementation of human resources operational initiatives and projects
- Manage day-to-day HR responsibilities including providing consistent feedback to employee questions and concerns
- Conduct investigations as necessary regarding employee complaints, working conditions, disciplinary actions
- Provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals
- Manage employee activities and community relations
- Lead recruitment efforts for regular, full-time and temporary employees by coordinating the proper and timely approval of personnel requisitions
- Development/update of position descriptions, and communication (internal and external) regarding Lonza employment opportunities
- Coordinate recruitment processes with RPO assigned
- Initiate and ensure proper documentation associated with background/reference checking, pre-employment physicals, relocation authorizations, etc.
- Draft employment offer recommendations and authorization letters (if applicable)
- Manage new employee onboarding process
- Develops annual training plan for all employees of functional/s area/s assigned
- Lead Internal local / global HR projects
- Coordinate HR Administrative duties and responsibilities with the HR Service Center
- Close relationship with Lonza Unions representatives
- Ensure Robust OTR process of Functional / areas assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, HR, psychology and business admin desirable
- Previous experience working in a matrix organization in a multinational company
- Experience in GMP environment, preferably in pharma/biotech
- Good knowledge of Spanish employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training , retention , Recruitment & Development …
- Experience in Labour Relations and previous experience managing individual company labour agreement in MFG company is a must
- Proficiency in English
- Good oral and written communication skills negotiation skills with stakeholders on various organizational levels
- Strong stakeholders management skills with outstanding business partnering skills (quality & timely support)
- Strategic thinking ability with analytical skills and holistic business view
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Previous experience with Workday is preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.