Operational Buyer-Indirects (FTC)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The role of the Operational Buyer will be to provide a buying service to all Lonza employees requiring indirect goods/services and CAPEX (where relevant) for the group of sites in scope. Ensure all indirect third party spend goes through the relevant buying channel and internal review procedures are followed.
This role is an FTC until December 2023
- Review and validate Purchase Requisition for indirect products/services & CAPEX (where relevant) for several sites
- Carry out competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions
- Ensure contracts and Purchase orders are assigned to relevant preferred suppliers (if possible)
- Place Purchase Orders, obtain order confirmations and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery for several sites
- Maintain relevant data fields in SAP (e.g. delivery dates and supplier order confirmations)
- Manage non-conformance, rejections & returns with suppliers and Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Monitor & track supplier performance and raise issues with strategic buyers and/or category managers
- Promote the use of e-catalogue (Ariba) and other approved buying channels which generate automation
- Respond to AP enquiries
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Customer service mindset and ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skill sets
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Purchasing of indirect goods/ services and CAPEX (e.g. Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order Process)
- Experience of managing suppliers
- Able to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome for Lonza
- Hands on experience of using SAP or a purchasing/ procurement tool
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Office
- Used MRP and familiar with material master data management
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.