Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking for a Finance Trainee. The Finance Trainee is closely involved in all areas of corporate finance, supporting the team in financial planning, reporting and controlling activities as well as evaluation of investment decisions. The Trainee interact closely with colleagues across the global Lonza organization to address business challenges and opportunities Lonza faces. A bespoke personal development plan and dedicated mentorship program will ensure a valuable learning experience.
The Finance Trainee will be rotating during 24 months in different roles supporting the Finance divisions and functions across the organization.
- Providing analysis and support the delivery of the financial reports to business plans
- Supporting the presentation of financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Supporting the analysis of financial information for errors and trends
- Supporting projects and Cost Centers controlling
- Assisting with various processes relating to procurement e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, etc.
- Understanding the cost drivers of the business and providing insight to the non-finance members
- Assisting with year-end and internal audits
- Supporting M&A and divestment projects as needed
- Supporting broader FP&A projects and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the preparation and analysis of SAR consolidation (Sales, Marketing, Admin, R&D) for Lonza Group
- Bachelor degree in Business Admin., Economics, Finance or similar, Master preferred
- Fluency in English is required, additionally German preferred
- First experience in Business Administration, Engineering, Science, Information Management
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Internships in international companies are preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.