Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Verviers is the European Service Center for Lonza Bioscience. It is both a production and distribution site for custom and research media, with products for clinical cell therapy, molecular biology and endotoxin detection. To strengthen our Quality Control team, we are looking for a Quality Control Microbiologist. You will provides supervision of the Quality control (QC) site support group as back-up of the QC Manager and oversee the Microbiology-Environmental Monitoring (EM), Growth promotion test, Bioburden, Endotoxin, Sterility.
- Oversee the day-to day operations of the microbiological – Environmental Monitoring (EM) group, the Microbial Identification (ID) activities, aseptic practices and the utility monitoring program.
- Coach QC analysts on proper flow of identification tasks and training on Microbiology skills and best practices and drive continuous improvement within the ID lab.
- Review and approves EM and utility trend reports.
- Provides recommendations for continuous improvement and harmonization of the site EM and utility monitoring programs with industry trend and application regulatory guidelines.
- Assists with timely resolution of environmental monitoring excursion investigations.
- Participate in and manages responses to internal and external audits, deviation, out of specification investigations, customer complaints, change control, corrective and preventive action (CAPA’s), preventive maintenance and calibration non-conformance reports.
- Mentor and develop knowledge base of staff, project managers and other key stakeholders within the site.
- Develop and implement departmental procedures, write and revise SOP, validation protocols and study reports.
- Develop and lead training programs for specialized and advanced microbiological activities.
- Maintain and monitor metrics to proactively respond to adverse trends.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- You have an extensive experience working in microbiology laboratory within a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated a solid knowledge of Office software, knowledge of SAP and Trackwise is nice to have.
- You speak fluently French, fluency in English is a plus.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.